Just in case you’re unable to grasp just how big this Cyclone is, here is an image of TC Yasi superimposed on the USA. This is heading towards the top end of my state of Queensland, Australia.
You can see other images of comparisons showing how the cyclone would look if it hit other countries around the world HERE
- NASA sees large tropical cyclone Yasi headed toward Queensland, Australia (physorg.com)
- NASA satellite image shows the huge scale of Tropical Cyclone Yasi (sociable.co)
- Gillard eyes cyclone Yasi threat (news.theage.com.au)
- Cyclone Yasi Churns Toward Flood-Ravaged Queensland (ecoworld.com)
- Cyclone approaching Australia upgraded to maximum strength (reuters.com)